This User Guide and Technical Reference was designed to help you get the best results from your InduSoft Web Studio™ software. This document provides technical information and step-by-step instructions for all the tasks you need to create Web-enabled HMI/SCADA programs.
Who should read this
- New Users: This publication uses a step-by-step, hands-on approach to the project development process. Be sure to read the introductory chapters describing the product’s features and development environment.
- Experienced Users: This publication offers advanced instructions, tips, and troubleshooting information to help you get the most out of your projects.
- This section, which provides an overview of the features and architecture of InduSoft Web Studio.
- Step-by-step instructions for installing and uninstalling the full InduSoft Web Studio software for Windows and the EmbeddedView or CEView runtime for Windows Embedded.
- Describes the licensing scheme for InduSoft Web Studio, as well as how to install and upgrade licenses on different platforms.
- The Development Environment
- A tour of the IWS development environment. Also, some basic skills and techniques you should understand before you create a new project.
- Creating a New Project
- Provides step-by-step instructions for creating and configuring a new project.
- Tags and the Project Database
- Explains basic concepts about the product database, tag types (arrays, classes, and pointers), tag values and parameters. Following the concepts discussion, this chapter provides instructions for creating and editing tags for your projects.
- Screens and Graphics
- Explains how to use the different IWS development tools to create your project screens and graphics.
- Alarms, Events, and Trends
- Explains how to create and configure task worksheets and screen objects to save and display historical data.
- Background Tasks
- Explains how to create and configure task worksheets for the other major background tasks.
- Communication with Other Devices
- Describes how to configure your project to read from and write to a device’s registers. The information includes instructions for configuring drivers and OPC, TCP/IP, and DDE communication.
- Collaboration and Source Control
- Explains how to collaborate with others on project development using Team Foundation Server.
- Project Security
- Explains how to set-up and manage a security system for your projects.
- Project Localization
- Explains how to use the Translation Tool to translate the text in your projects from one language to another.
- Testing and Debugging
- Discusses how to test and debug projects using tools such as the Database Spy and Output windows. This chapter includes a list of possible error messages and methods for correcting those errors.
- Remote Management
- Explains how to download, monitor, and debug projects from a remote runtime workstation.
- Thin Clients and Mobile Access
- Explains how configure and run your projects on the Web.
- Database Interface
- Explains how to connect IWS to compatible databases.
- Provides instructions for verifying projects, describes some common development errors, and explains what to do if you need to contact a support representative.
- Scripting Languages
- Describes IWS‘s built-in scripting language, as well as the support for VBScript in IWS.
- Quickstart Guide: Provides basic information about InduSoft Web Studio, including a systematic tutorial that allows you to develop a single project and become familiar with the product in a short time.
- Tutorial Manual: Describes how to build a project, step-by-step, with the main product features. You can use this document as a self-training manual.
- Drivers User Guides: Explain how to configure individual direct communication drivers, according to their unique protocol characteristics. One customized user guide is included with each driver.