Converting Trend History Files from Binary to Text
By default, IWS saves trend history files in a binary format (.hst). Because you may want to have these files in .txt format, IWS provides the HST2TXT.EXE program to convert trend history files from binary into text format.
- From a DOS window, change directory (cd) to the IWS Bin directory:
cd C:Program FilesInduSoft Web Studio v7.1Bin
- At the command prompt, copy the Hst2txt.exe into the same directory where the .hst file is located.
- At the command prompt, type Hst2txt.exe and specify the following parameters:
- filename: Name of the trend history file to convert
- [separator]: Data separator character (default is <TAB>)
- [/e]: Extended functionality (convert data with more than 10 characters)
- [/i:HH:MM:SS]: Start time in hours (HH), minutes (MM), and seconds (SS)
- [/f:HH:MM:SS]: Finish time in hours (HH), minutes (MM), and seconds (SS)
- [/m]: Include milliseconds in the Time column (Type 1 to print the milliseconds value in the text file created from the .hst file.)
The program creates a .hdr (header) file and the .txt file, which are both plain text files that can be viewed using any text editor (for example, Notepad).
- The .hdr file contains the name of the tags configured in the Trend Worksheet.
- The .txt file contains the tag values saved in the history file.
- After the program converts the file, type Exit to close the DOS window.