Converting Trend History Files from Text to Binary
IWS provides the TXT2HST.EXE program to convert text files back into binary format.
To convert a file, use the following procedure:
- From a DOS window, change directory (cd) to the IWS Bin directory:
cd C:Program FilesInduSoft Web Studio v7.1Bin
- At the command prompt, copy the Txt2hst.exe into the same directory where the .txt file is located.
- At the command prompt, type Txt2hst.exe and specify the following parameters:
- filename: Name of the ASCII file with history data to convert
- [separator]: Data separator character (default is <TAB>)
- [/e]: Extended functionality (data value with more than 10 characters)
- [/i:HH:MM:SS]: Start time of data value in hours (HH), minutes (MM), and seconds (SS)
- [/f:HH:MM:SS]: Finish time of data value in hours (HH), minutes (MM), and seconds (SS)
The program creates a .hdr (header) file and converts the .txt file into a .hst binary file.
- After the program converts the file, type Exit to close the DOS window.
Note: You cannot create a math script for the TXT2HST.EXE program and use it in a Math worksheet to convert text files into binary format as you can for HST2TXT.EXE. The math script shortcut is available for binary files only.