Integrate tags from AutomationDirect Koyo
This task describes how to add a Koyo DirectLOGIC PLC (supplied by AutomationDirect) as a tag integration source in your IWS project.
This tag integration is based on the KOYO driver, which communicates with Koyo DirectLOGIC PLCs over both serial communication and Ethernet.
- Review the manufacturer’s documentation for your Koyo DirectLOGIC PLC;
- Download and install the DirectSOFT programming software from AutomationDirect, and then use it to export your PLC program as a CSV file;
- Read the KOYO driver documentation (on the Help tab of the ribbon, in the Documentation group, click Communication Drivers, and then select KOYO); and
- Make sure the source device is running and available on your network, and note its network address.
To add Koyo DirectLOGIC PLC as a tag integration source:
- On the Project tab of the ribbon, in the Settings group, click Communication. The Project Settings dialog is displayed, with the Communication tab selected.
- In the Tag Integration area, click Add. The Tag Integration Source dialog box is displayed.
- In the Type list, click Integrated.
- In the Provider list, click AutomationDirect Koyo.
- In the Name box, type an appropriate name for this tag integration source. Note that the name will be used as a prefix on names of the integrated tags.
- Click Add. The Koyo Tag Integration dialog box is displayed.
- In the Communication Mode list, click the platform of the source device.
Option Description Serial Direct serial communication EthernetName Ethernet communication by Module Name, when a broadcast router is used EthernetIP Ethernet communication by IP address EthernetID Ethernet communication by Module ID, when a broadcast router is used
- In the Device box, type the name, address, or ID of the source device. The format of Device depends on what you selected for Communication Mode.
- Select the CSV file that you exported from your PLC program.
- Click Browse. A standard Open dialog box is displayed.
- Locate and select the CSV file (*.CSV). In most cases, the file should be saved in the Config sub-folder of your IWS project folder at: […]DocumentsInduSoft Web Studio v7.1 ProjectsprojectnameConfig
- Click Open.
For more information, see Export CSV file for AutomationDirect Koyo. The selected file is displayed in the CSV File box.
- Click OK to finish the configuration and add the source.