Integrate tags from AutomationDirect PAC 3000
This task describes how to add a Productivity3000 PAC (supplied by AutomationDirect) as a tag integration source in your IWS project.
This tag integration is based on the PAC3K driver, which communicates with Productivity3000 PACs over Ethernet using the Modbus Extended protocol.
- Review the manufacturer’s documentation for your Productivity3000 PAC;
- Download and install the Productivity Suite Programming Software from AutomationDirect, and use it to export your PLC program as a CSV file;
- Read the PAC3K driver documentation (on the Help tab of the ribbon, in the Documentation group, click Communication Drivers, and then select PAC3K); and
- Make sure the source device is running and available on your network, and note its network address.
To add Productivity3000 PAC as a tag integration source:
- On the Project tab of the ribbon, in the Settings group, click Communication. The Project Settings dialog is displayed, with the Communication tab selected.
- In the Tag Integration area, click Add. The Tag Integration Source dialog box is displayed.
- In the Type list, click Integrated.
- In the Provider list, click AutomationDirect PAC 3000.
- In the Name box, type an appropriate name for this tag integration source. Note that the name will be used as a prefix on names of the integrated tags.
- Click Add. The PAC 3000 Tag Integration dialog box is displayed.
- In the PLC Station box, type the IP address of the source device.
- Select the CSV file that you exported from your PAC program.
- Click Browse. A standard Open dialog box is displayed.
- Locate and select the CSV file (*.CSV). In most cases, the file should be saved in the Config sub-folder of your IWS project folder at: […]DocumentsInduSoft Web Studio v7.1 ProjectsprojectnameConfig
- Click Open.
For more information, see Export CSV file for AutomationDirect PAC 3000. The selected file is displayed in the CSV File box.
- Click OK to finish the configuration and add the source.