Export symbol file for RSLogix 5000 Family
Export a symbol file from your RSLogix 5000 PLC program in order to be able to add the PLC as a tag integration source.
The symbol file is exported from the RSLogix 5000 development software. It contains information about all of the tags used in your PLC program, and the information can be imported into your IWS project.
To export the file:
- Run the RSLogix 5000 PLC programming software, and then open your PLC program.
- On the File menu, click Save As. A Save As dialog box is displayed.
- Use the file browser to locate where you want to save the file. In most cases, you should save it in the Config sub-folder of your IWS project folder at: […]DocumentsInduSoft Web Studio v7.1 ProjectsprojectnameConfig
- In the File name box, type a name for the file.
- In the Save as type list, click RSLogix 5000 Import/Export File (*.L5K).
- Click Save.