Integrate tags from Schneider Unity Modbus
This task describes how to add a Schneider Modicon M340 PAC or Modicon Premium PAC as a tag integration source in your IWS project.
This tag integration is based on the SCHNE driver, which communicates with Schneider Modicon devices using the Modbus protocol over Ethernet.
- Review the manufacturer’s documentation for your Schneider Modicon device and the Schneider Unity Pro software;
- Use the Schneider Unity Pro software to export an I/O configuration file (*.XSY) from your PLC program;
- Read the SCHNE driver documentation (on the Help tab of the ribbon, in the Documentation group, click Communication Drivers, and then select SCHNE); and
- Make sure the source device is running and available on your network, and note its network address.
To add a Schneider Modicon device as a tag integration source:
- On the Project tab of the ribbon, in the Settings group, click Communication. The Project Settings dialog is displayed, with the Communication tab selected.
- In the Tag Integration area, click Add. The Tag Integration Source dialog box is displayed.
- In the Type list, click Integrated.
- In the Provider list, click Schneider Unity Modbus.
- In the Name box, type an appropriate name for this tag integration source. Note that the name will be used as a prefix on names of the integrated tags.
- Click Add. The Schneider Unity Tag Integration dialog box is displayed.
- In the Platform list, click the platform of the source device.
Option Description M340 Schneider Modicon M340 PAC Premium Schneider Modicon Premium PAC
- In the PLC IP box, type the network address of the source device.
- In the Port box, type the port number of the source device if it is different from the default port 502.
- In the Slave ID box, type the Modbus slave ID of the source device if it is different from the default ID 1.
- Select the I/O configuration file that you exported from your PLC program.
- Click Browse. A standard Open dialog box is displayed.
- Locate and select the I/O configuration file (*.XSY). In most cases, the file should be saved in the Config sub-folder of your IWS project folder at: […]DocumentsInduSoft Web Studio v7.1 ProjectsprojectnameConfig
- Click Open.
For more information, see Export I/O configuration file for Schneider Unity Modbus. The selected file is displayed in the XSY File box.
- If you want to get only tags that are flagged as HMI variables, then select HMI Only.
- Click OK to finish the configuration and add the source.