The development application provides additional tools for debugging your VBScipt code.
- Procedures, in the Global tab of the Project Explorer;
- The Graphics Script, in the Graphics tab of the Project Explorer;
- Script groups, including the Startup Script, in the Tasks tab of the Project Explorer; and
- The Screen Script that is attached to each Screen worksheet.
- The Command animation that is attached to each Button object; and
- ActiveX and .NET Control objects.
Generally speaking, you can debug your code by running your project in Debug mode (as opposed to the usual Run mode) and then observing how the values of project tags, locally-declared variables, and entire functions change as you step through the code. You can control the stepping by using the Debug tab of the ribbon, and you can observe the changing values in the Database Spy window.