View, undo, or check in pending changes
View pending changes on project files, and then choose whether to undo the changes or check them into source control.
To perform this task, you must be connected to your collaboration server.
When you check out project files and edit them, the editing that you do is cached locally as “pending changes”. These changes are not checked into source control until you explicitly choose to do so. You can also choose to undo changes on a project file and revert it to its most recently checked-in version.
To view pending changes:
- In the Project Explorer, right-click the folder or file for which you want to view changes, and then click View Pending Changes on the shortcut menu. Please note that you will only be able to view changes in the location that you right-clicked. For example, if you right-click the Screens folder or a screen file (*.scr) in that folder, then you will only see pending changes to the screen files. If you want to view all pending changes for the entire project, then you should right-click the project root (e.g., Project: projectname.APP). The Pending Changes dialog box is displayed, and the project files with pending changes are listed at the top.
Figure 1. Viewing pending changes
- If you do not want to do anything with the pending changes at this time, click Cancel at the bottom. The Pending Changes dialog box is closed.
- To undo pending changes:
- Make sure only the changes that you want to undo are selected. (If you want to undo all changes, click Select All Changes.)
- Click Undo Changes at the bottom.
The Pending Changes dialog box is closed, and the selected files are reverted to their most recently checked-in versions. In the Project Explorer, you will see that the files no longer have either the “add” badge or the “check” badge.
- To check in pending changes:
- Make sure only the changes that you want to check in are selected. (If you want to check in all changes, click Select All Changes.)
- In the Comment box, type a comment that generally describes the changes you are checking in. This comment will be saved with the changeset in source control.
- In the Work Items list, select the work item(s) with which the changes should be associated.
- Click Check In.
The Pending Changes dialog box is closed, and the selected files are checked into source control. In the Project Explorer, you will see that the files no longer have either the “add” badge or the “check” badge.
Please note that when you right-click files in the Project Explorer, there are two other choices on the shortcut menu: Check In and Undo Pending Change. If you click either of these, the same Pending Changes dialog box is displayed but with certain options pre-selected. Everything else is the same as described in the steps above.