Upgrade an existing hardkey license for EmbeddedView or CEView
This task assumes that you have both a Windows computer with the full InduSoft Web Studio software installed and a Windows Embedded device with the EmbeddedView or CEView runtime software installed. You will actually perform the upgrade on the Windows computer using a utility program that is installed with InduSoft Web Studio.
Also, if InduSoft Web Studio is running on its own hardkey license, you should exit the program and then disconnect that hardkey before you begin this task. You should do this in order to avoid issues that may result from having two hardkeys connected to the same computer.
Lastly, you should have already puchased a valid upgrade to your EmbeddedView or CEView license. You can purchase the upgrade when you send in the site code (see below), but doing so might increase the downtime for your project. For more information, contact your InduSoft Web Studio software vendor. You can update any license setting (e.g., product type, number of thin clients) or upgrade the software to a new version. The cost of the upgrade depends on the difference between the current and upgraded license settings.
To upgrade an existing hardkey license for EmbeddedView or CEView:
- On the Windows Embedded device, in Remote Agent, stop the running project (if any), and then exit the program.
- Disconnect the hardkey from the Windows Embedded device, and then connect it to the Windows computer.
- On the Windows computer, find the utility program Site Key Writer in the InduSoft Web Studio program folder, and then run it. The program should be located at: C:Program FilesInduSoft Web Studio v7.1BinSitekeyWriter.exe The Site Key Writer dialog box is displayed with a randomly generated site code.
Figure 1. Site Key Writer
- Send the site code to your software vendor. Typically, you will paste the site code into an email to your software vendor.
- When you receive the corresponding site key from your software vendor, type or paste it in the Site Key box, and then click Accept. (You will be prompted to confirm.) The new license settings are written to the hardkey, and then a confirmation message is displayed.
- Disconnect the hardkey from the Windows computer, and then connect it to the Windows Embedded device.
- On the Windows Embedded device, run Remote Agent and restart your project.
- Optional: Confirm the new license settings.
- In Remote Agent, click Setup. The Setup dialog box is displayed.
- In the Setup dialog box, click License. The License dialog box is displayed with the license settings that are on the connected hardkey.
If the new site key is not validated, an error message is displayed. If this happens, double-check that you typed the site key correctly. If you typed it correctly and still get an error message, contact your software vendor for further assistance.