Upgrade an existing hardkey license for InduSoft Web Studio
Before you begin this task, make sure the hardkey is connected to the Windows computer where you installed the full InduSoft Web Studio software.
Also, you should have already puchased a valid upgrade to your InduSoft Web Studio license. You may purchase the upgrade when you send in the site code (see below), but doing so might increase your downtime. For more information, contact your InduSoft Web Studio software vendor. You can update any license setting (e.g., product type, number of thin clients) or upgrade the software to a new version. The cost of the upgrade depends on the difference between the current and upgraded license settings.
To upgrade an existing hardkey license for InduSoft Web Studio:
- In InduSoft Web Studio, stop the running project (if any), and then exit the program.
- Click Start > All Programs > InduSoft Web Studio v7.1 > Register. The Protection Manager program window is displayed.
Figure 1. Protection Manager
- Select Hardkey if it is not already selected, and then click Check. If you have a valid hardkey license installed, the Hardkey Settings dialog box is displayed with the license settings on that hardkey.
Figure 2. Checking the hardkey settings
Otherwise, if you do not have a valid hardkey license installed, an alert message is displayed.
- Click Change License. The Change License dialog box is displayed with a randomly generated site code.
- Send the site code to your software vendor. Typically, you will paste the site code into an email to your software vendor.
- When you receive the corresponding site key from your software vendor, type or paste it in the Site Key box, and then click Authorize. (You will be prompted to confirm.) The new license settings are written to the hardkey, and then a confirmation message is displayed.
If the new site key is not validated, an error message is displayed. If this happens, double-check that you typed the site key correctly. If you typed it correctly and still get an error message, contact your software vendor for further assistance.