Configure Protection Manager to get license
Configure InduSoft Web Studio‘s Protection Manager to get its runtime license from a license server on your network.
Before you begin this task, you must have a properly configured license server available on your network. For more information, see Configure CodeMeter Runtime to serve licenses. Please note the host name or IP address of that license server, just in case.
You must also have Administrator privileges on the computer where you are configuring Protection Manager.
This task applies to every installation of InduSoft Web Studio that will get its license from the license server.
To configure Protection Manager:
- If InduSoft Web Studio is running, stop your project (if it is running) and exit the application.
- In Windows, choose Start > All Programs > InduSoft Web Studio v7.1 > Register. The Protection Manager dialog is displayed.
Figure 1. Protection Manager dialog
- Click License Server. If the License Server button is not available, then you must first select Hardkey in the Protection Type group. The License Server feature cannot be enabled if a softkey license is already applied. The License Server Configuration dialog is displayed.
Figure 2. Protection Manager dialog
- Select Enable Server.
- In the Mode list, select one of the following options:
Option Description Local License Only check for a locally installed hardkey license.
This is the default mode when Enable Server is not selected. For more information, see About hardkey licenses.
Local/Network Check first for a locally installed hardkey license, and if one is found, then use it. Otherwise, check the network for a license server. Network/Local Check the network first for a license server, and if one is found, then use it. Otherwise, check for a locally installed hardkey license. Network Only check the network for a license server.
This check is performed continuously while InduSoft Web Studio is running, which allows you some flexibility in how and when you use different types of licenses.
For example, a particular installation of InduSoft Web Studio operates as runtime-only, no development, for most of the time, and it get its Runtime-only license from the license server. However, if you want to log on occasionally and make changes to the project, then you may connect your personal hardkey that contains an Engineering + Runtime license.
In this case, you would select Local/Network: if your personal hardkey is connected, then InduSoft Web Studio will use it, otherwise it will get its license from the license server.
- If you want to specify a particular license server, rather than automatically use the first license server found on the network, then do the following:
Note: When Automatic is selected, the CodeMeter Runtime software first scans its locally configured Server Search List, and if it cannot find one of those servers, then it does a UDP broadcast to look for any license server on the network. (UDP broadcasts are restricted to the local area network.) For more information about configuring the Server Search List, see the CodeMeter Runtime software documentation.
- Clear the Automatic check box.
- In the Host box, type the hostname or IP address of the license server. You do not need to include the port number unless you have changed it from the default port 22350.
- Click Test. If Protection Manager can get a valid license using the given settings, then a confirmation message is displayed.
- Click OK to accept the settings and close the License Server Configuration dialog, and then click Close to close the Protection Manager.
If you cannot access the license server from this computer, then make sure that port 22350 is open on your network firewall.