|Execution Mode||InduSoft Web Studio||EmbeddedView / CEView|
|Licensed for Engineering Only||✓|
|Licensed for Runtime Only||✓||✓|
|Licensed for Engineering + Runtime||✓|
- Evaluation Mode
- Enables all of the product’s engineering and runtime features.
The first time you install InduSoft Web Studio on a computer, the product runs for forty (40) hours in Evaluation Mode. This evaluation period includes any time you run a product module (engineering or runtime). You can use this evaluation period continuously or not; for example, 10 hours a day for 4 days, or 5 hours a day for 8 days, or 10 hours a day for 3 days plus 5 hours a day for 2 days, and so on.
After running for 40 hours in the Evaluation Mode, the evaluation period ends and the program automatically converts to Demo Mode until you apply a valid license (hardkey or softkey). You cannot reactivate Evaluation Mode, even if you reinstall the software on your computer.Note: Each version of InduSoft Web Studio has an evaluation period that is independent of every other version. For example, if your InduSoft Web Studio v7.0 evaluation period has expired and you are running in Demo Mode because you have not installed a license, when you install InduSoft Web Studio v7.1+SP3 on the same computer, the newer version will begin its own 40-hour evaluation period and the older version will continue running in Demo Mode.
- Demo Mode
- Allows you to download projects to remote stations and to run projects for testing or demonstration purposes. You can execute runtime tasks and use the debugging tools (LogWin and Database Spy), but they shut down automatically after running for two hours continuously. You can restart the Demo Mode again and run for another two hours, and so on.
You cannot create or modify screens, worksheets, or project settings in Demo Mode.
- Licensed for Engineering Only
- Enables all development options for an unlimited time.
This mode also allows you to continuously run the runtime tasks and debugging tools (Database Spy, Output window, and LogWin module) for 72 hours. After that period, these tasks shut down, but you can restart them and run for another 72 hours, and so on. You can use this license for development and testing only.
- Licensed for Runtime Only
- Enables all runtime tasks and debugging tools (Database Spy, Output window, and LogWin module) for unlimited time, but you cannot create or modify screens and/or worksheets.
The menu options available in Runtime Only mode are the same as the options listed for Demo Mode (see previous table).
- Licensed for Engineering + Runtime
- Enables all development options, runtime tasks, and debugging tools (Database Spy, Output window, and LogWin module) for an unlimited time.
To see which execution mode you are currently running, click About on the Help tab of the ribbon; the About dialog shows the execution mode, including the time remaining if you are in Evaluation Mode.