- X represents the Family version. The Family version changes only when major enhancements are added to the product technologies and concepts.
- Y represents the Sub-version: The Sub-version changes when minor enhancements and/or new features are added to the product.
- WW represents the Service Pack. The Service Pack version changes when you must install add-on packages to accomplish the following:
- Upgrade files for the version previously installed
- Fix bugs in the product (showstoppers and no-workarounds)
- Provide minor enhancements before releasing the next version of the product
Each Service Pack release supersedes the previous Service Pack release. For example, SP2 includes all the contents of SP1 and all newly upgraded files, bug fixes, and enhancements. SP3 includes all the contents of SP2 and all new upgraded files, bug fixes, enhancements and so on.
InduSoft Web Studio, EmbeddedView, and CEView all can run projects that were developed in previous versions of the product. However, previous versions cannot run projects that were developed or modified in newer versions. Opening and modifying a project in a newer version will update the project to that version.
For example, you cannot run version 6.1 projects using IWS version 6.0 but you can run version 6.0 projects with IWS version 6.1.