Install or upgrade a softkey license for EmbeddedView or CEView (Local)
Use the Remote Agent program running on your Windows Embedded device to locally install or upgrade the softkey license for the EmbeddedView or CEView runtime software.
Before you begin this task, make sure the appropriate software has been installed on your computer or device. For more information, see Installation.
Also, you should have already puchased a valid license or upgrade. You may purchase it when you send in the site code (see below), but doing so might increase your downtime. For more information, contact your InduSoft Web Studio software vendor. You can update any license setting (e.g., product type, number of thin clients) or upgrade the software to a new version. The cost of the upgrade depends on the difference between the current and upgraded license settings.
These instructions apply both to installing a new softkey license and to upgrading an existing softkey license; whatever license you apply will overwrite the previous one, if any.
To install or upgrade a softkey license locally:
- On the Windows Embedded device, run Remote Agent if it is not already running.
Figure 1. Remote Agent program window
- Click Setup. The Setup dialog box is displayed.
Figure 2. Setup dialog box
- Click License. The License dialog box is displayed. If you have a valid softkey license installed, then the dialog box will show those settings. Otherwise, if you do not have a softkey, then the dialog box will simply say “License not found.”
Figure 3. License dialog box
- Click Change License. The Change License dialog box is displayed with a randomly generated site code.
Figure 4. Change License dialog box
- Send the site code to your software vendor. Typically, you will paste the site code into an email to your software vendor.
- When you receive the corresponding site key from your software vendor, type or paste it in the Site Key box, and then click Authorize. (You will be prompted to confirm.) The new license settings are saved on the device, and then a confirmation message is displayed.
If the new site key is not validated, an error message is displayed. If this happens, double-check that you typed the site key correctly. If you typed it correctly and still get an error message, contact your software vendor for further assistance.