Configure Remote Agent to autorun a project
By default, you must manually run your finished project on the target device, either from your PC by using the Project tab of the Remote Management dialog (see above) or on the target device itself by clicking the Start button in the Remote Agent dialog.
[Setup] AppName=Applicaion Path
The next time the target device boots up and opens the Remote Agent dialog (CEServer.exe), it will read this setting and automatically run the specified project.
- Edit the file directly on the target device using an attached keyboard or the touchscreen keypad. The file should be located in the same directory as the CEServer.exe file, which was installed earlier.
- Mount the target device as a shared volume on your PC and edit the file there.
- Edit the file in the […]InduSoft Web Studio v7.1Redist directory before you install the system files on the target device.
CAUTION:This last method changes the default copy of CEServer.ini that is included with IWS. Use this method only if:
- You back up the file before editing it;
- You are installing the same system files on multiple, identical devices; and
- You already know the location (file path) of the IWS project files on the target device (perhaps by using the normal installation method on a test station).