About security access levels
Almost every item in a project — screen object, object animation, project screen, task worksheet — can be assigned a security access level. That access level determines which user groups can edit the item during development and/or use the item during runtime.
This means that for a user to be able to edit and/or use an item, the item’s access level must fall within the range specified for that user’s group.
- Item #1 has Access Level = 1
- Item #2 has Access Level = 7
- Item #3 has Access Level = 12
- Item #4 has Access Level = 20
- Only UserA can access Item #1
- Both users can access Item #2
- Only UserB can access Item #3
- Neither user can access Item #4
Setting access levels for different types of items
- Open the worksheet for editing.
- Click anywhere in the body of the worksheet. The Access Level control, on the Project tab of the ribbon, is enabled.
- Click Access Level. The Security dialog is displayed.
Figure 4. Security dialog
- In the Access Level box, type an access level for editing the worksheet.
- Click OK.