Add a Touch Event to a project screen
Add a Touch Event to a project screen in order to process touch input on the screen in general, rather than on a specific object in the screen.
Before you begin this task, you should have the selected Screen worksheet open for editing.
Touch Events are added to a project screen through the Screen Script worksheet.
To add a Touch Event to a project screen:
- Do one of the following:
- On the Graphics tab of the ribbon, in the Screen group, click Script; or
- Right-click anywhere in the screen worksheet, and then click Screen Script on the shortcut menu.
The screen’s associated script worksheet is opened for editing.
- Right-click anywhere in the script worksheet, and then point to Add Touch Event on the shortcut menu. A sub-menu of the available Touch Events is displayed.
- On the sub-menu, click the Touch Event that you want to add.
Option Description Sub Screen_OnTouch Process the raw data from the touch input. The sub-routine is continuously executed while the user touches the project screen. Sub Screen_OnTouchStart Perform an action once, when the user starts touching the project screen. Sub Screen_OnTouchDelta Perform an action each time the user moves his or her fingers on the project screen. Sub Screen_OnTouchCompleted Perform an action once, when the user stops touching the project screen.
The Touch Event is inserted as a VBScript sub-routine in the Screen Script worksheet.
- Click in the worksheet and type your VBScript code.
At this point, you can develop the Touch Event just as you would develop any other VBScript sub-routine in your project. For more information, see Overview of VBScript.