- Click in the drawing area and drag the mouse/cursor to create an ellipse shape.
- Release the mouse button to stop drawing the ellipse.
- Use the Object Properties dialog to change the shape to a chord, arc, or ring.
- Double-click on the object to view the Object Properties dialog.
Figure 2. Object Properties: Ellipse
- Style: Specify the object style by selecting Ellipse, Arc, Chord, or Ring from the drop-down list. Next, select Left-Bottom, Left-Top, Right-Bottom, or Right-Top from the Style list to choose the quadrant into which the ellipse is drawn.
For example to represent a half-circle pipe, create two Ring objects. Specify one as Left-Bottom and the other as Right-Bottom then join the two objects to create a half-pipe.
- Line: Specify a line style for the ellipse border by clicking the No Line, Solid Line, or Dashed Line button.
- Color: Specify the ellipse borderline color by clicking the Color button to open the Color dialog. Click the color to select it, then close the dialog.
- Weight: Specify a line width for the ellipse border by typing a number representing the line width (in pixels) into the text box provided.
Note: Dashed lines/borders of weight greater than 1 are not supported in projects running on Windows Embedded.
- Fill: To specify whether the ellipse is filled, click No Fill or Fill.
If you select the Fill option, specify a fill color by clicking on the Color button. When the Color dialog displays, click on a color to select it and close the dialog.